03 October 2012

Recipes


Hello Everyone

I thought I would add a new section to my blog. A recipe section. I absolutely love cooking. My grandmother loved to cook and passed on this passion to her "girls" as she called us sometimes. My grandmother was a hostess. She loved to cook for others and wanted to be in the kitchen. In many ways this was her form of ministry. In my grandmother's last days she wanted to be in the kitchen. I remember my mom would have her come in and do basic things to make her happy. For probably for at least 65 years of her life my grandmother would serve family and friends around her kitchen table. I would like to believe that when my grandmother died she stepped through heaven's doorstep and into glory. The Father greeted her and said "well done my good and faithful servant". Family and friends that had gone before welcomed her home and at last she was seated at the feast of the King.

I would like to create a place to share recipes. I will share some of my own and some of my grandmothers. Please feel free to post yours as well. Please feel free to also share your cooking stories.

Sarah

Garlic Glazed Chicken

2 Cloves of garlic minced
1/8 of onion chopped
4 tbsp of brown sugar
1 stick of butter
2-3 Chicken Breast sliced into strips. Or 7-8 chicken strips

Place 1/2 stick of butter in pan, saute' garlic and onion. Then add brown sugar and let it melt. Then add the other 1/2 of butter if desired for more sauce. Then add chicken strips and cook until done.




No comments:

Post a Comment